Before we talk about syncing (synchronization), please take a quick look at our Integration Settings entry in the Help Section to see how Shopventory interacts with your point of sale.
Below, you'll find:
- How to Import into Shopventory
- How to automatically Export from Shopventory
- How to force an Export manually
How to IMPORT inventory information from your POS (point of sale) / E-commerce provider to Shopventory:
Integration ===> Shopventory
Shopventory does not receive inventory updates from your POS automatically. Here's how to overwrite Shopventory with the latest data from your provider.
- Go to the Locations and Integrations tab in the Settings section of Shopventory.
- Find the integration you wish to import from and click on the integration name.
- Click on the gear wheel in the top right corner and select the "Import from integration" option. The following page will give you options for what information to import.
The import process is not selective and cannot be undone, so be sure that your POS provider has the correct information before importing!
How to automatically EXPORT information from Shopventory to your POS provider:
Shopventory ===> Integration
- This is done in the 'Locations and Integrations' tab in the 'Settings' section of Shopventory.
- All you have to do is enable both of the Sync Settings by clicking on the Integration Name.
- When syncing is on, any changes in inventory catalog and quantities in Shopventory will automatically push out to your point of sale system.
- This is an ongoing process until those options are disabled. This means that once you leave them on, you should switch to making all changes, updates, and additions to inventory in Shopventory going forward.
How to FORCE an export from Shopventory to the POS manually:
Shopventory ===> Integration
You can force an Item to export from the Shopventory interface if you need to see it in your point of sale right away.
- This is done from the Items & Variants tab.
- Click on the Item Name to open the Edit Item panel.
- Simply click on the gear wheel at the top of the panel and click on Sync item to all integrations:
- If you have multiple items that need to be pushed out, we recommend following the instructions in our Items not Syncing article.
- This will export the Item from Shopventory to your point of sale immediately.
- This should not be a normal procedure. Saving the changes should push them out to the point of sale. This is a step you can take to troubleshoot an Item that may be having issues.
- Please contact Customer Care if you have any issues with Items not pushing out to the point of sale after trying a manual sync.
- Importing from an Integration
- Exporting to an Integration
- How Shopventory Syncs
- Integration Settings
- Spreadsheet Bulk Upload
- Creating Items in Shopventory
- Connecting Your Business
- Items not Syncing
- What is an "integration"?
Let us know if you have questions. We are here to help!