Scanning Barcodes (during checkout)
- Square - has a list of supported hardware on their site.
- Shopify POS - offers a barcode scanner via their site.
- Clover - also has a list of supported hardware on their site.
- PayPal Here - with an iPad, PayPal Here actually supports barcode scanning using the iPad's camera, so you don't need to buy any additional hardware to read the codes.
- WooCommerce - No physical POS for WooCommerce, that's e-commerce only.
Generating SKU/Barcode Numbers
Shopventory now offers a SKU generator built right into the app!
Scanning Barcodes into Shopventory via an External Device
Most barcode scanners that plug into a computer "tell" the computer/device that they are just a keyboard. So if you click on a text field and scan a barcode, the scanner will "type" in the number that was just scanned.
Other scanners might work, but the above models have been tested and are known to work with Shopventory. There are many different scanners out there and each one may interact differently with your Operating System or Browser. Shopventory does not guarantee functionality.
Currently, you can use a scanner to add units on Stocktakes. More scanning functionality is planned in the coming months!