Alerts will let you know when inventory is running low.
Shopventory currently uses condition-based alerts.
In other words, you're saying to Shopventory, "Please alert me when a Product meets these conditions..."
When you get an alert, you can reorder those products and always stay stocked!
Creating an Alert
To start a new Alert, simply click on the Create an Alert button in the Alerts section of Shopventory.
- Give your Alert a name. Good labeling practices are half the battle when it comes to inventory management!
Fill in the first condition. It can be either:
- Quantity - is less than or equal to - This is the 'magic number' that will trigger the alert. or...
- Days of Stock Remaining - Our estimate of how many days remain until you sell your last unit. This is based on Shopventory's Stock Remaining Reports. (Professional and Elite plans only)
- Add at least one more condition, such as Category or Product Name. Be sure to double-check your spelling!
See for yourself!
Once the Alert has been created, it will display in the Alerts section.
Shopventory will also notify you via email once alerts trigger. You should receive regular emails if there are products under alert.
Currently, emails are the only way to receive external notifications about alerts, but we are exploring added options such as SMS or via a mobile app.
- Alerts are specific to individual users.
- If a product is running low when the alert is set, an email will not be sent right away— not until the product hits the alert level again.
- Alerts can take up to 30 minutes to go into effect.
- Each user has their own set of alerts. Learn more
To Edit or Delete an Alert, simply click on the Alert name
Active Alerts Will Display in your Dashboard
View All Low Inventory Products
You can also view all your low products at once in two ways:
- In the Inventory section using the 'Low inventory' filter in the Products & Variants tab:
- You can also simply pull a Low Inventory Report
That's all there is to it! Shopventory will also let you know via email the next time inventory runs low.
Let us know if you have any questions! We are here to help!