Shopventory Access Control allows you to have multiple users on your account with custom permissions. You'll be able to add users to your account and define permissions in the Settings section of Shopventory.
Access Controls also include a full Audit Log so you can review changes made by each user.
Note: Alerts are specific to each user.
Adding a User
Once you start a new user, you can enter in their email which they will use to log in, then name, password (optional), and finally the permissions this user has to your account.
You have the option to create a password for the user or leave the password field blank. If left blank, we will send the user an email link that allows them to set their own password.
- View reports - User able to access all reports (cost and profit values may be hidden: see below)
- View cost & profit margins - User will see cost of goods and profit information
- Update stock counts & prices - User will be able to update quantities. prices, and costs (if View cost & profit margins is enabled). (ON by default if Product management is enabled)
- Product management - User can make updates to inventory information (e.g. create products, edit prices, update quantities, etc.)
- Manage POs - User can create and edit Purchase Orders. Since this requires access to view costs, it also requires the View cost & profit margins permission to be enabled.
- Receive POs - User can receive Purchase Orders.
- Manage Internal Transfers - User can create and edit Internal Transfers.
- Receive Internal Transfers - User can receive Internal Transfers on permitted locations
- Account management - User has access to view and update settings, including integrations, business info, and billing
- Manage users & permissions - This user will have access to the Access Control tab and can manage the permissions of others
- Submit Stocktakes - Create, modify, and submit stocktakes for approval.
- Manage Stocktakes - Approve stocktakes and apply stocktake changes to inventory quantities.
NOTE: Certain permissions are dependent on others. Just hover your mouse over the ⓘ for details:
Shopventory allows you to limit a user to only select locations. This means you can restrict a user from certain functions by location.
NOTE: Certain permissions, such as Product management, require all locations to be enabled. This is because Products are cross-location by nature, so the ability to create or edit many Product properties is a multi-location permission.
See the chart above for details.
Total number of users available per plan:
- Starter plan: 1+
- Standard plan: 2+
- Professional plan: 5+
- Elite plan: 10+
- Enterprise plan: 20+
Additional users can be added in groups of 5 as a Billing Add-On. Each additional group of 5 costs $50/mo or $500/yr ($42/mo).