PAR Levels and Alerts serve 2 different functions, although they are similar.
It's best to think of them as commands:
- PAR Level — "Hey Shopventory, once the product quantity goes to this point or below, it's low enough to re-order on my next PO.
- Alert — "Hey Shopventory, I want to be notified when this product goes below this threshold so that I can replenish quantities asap."
The Low Inventory Report includes items at PAR level or below as well as items at Alert level or below.
This is a visual representation of the different levels:
- Alerts are available on all paid plans; PAR Levels are only available on the Standard plan and above
- Since alerts trigger emails, each user manages their own. Alerts do not and cannot be applied to all users simultaneously.
- PAR Levels are applied to the variants themselves, so these are the same for all users.