An "integration" refers to a connection
between Shopventory and a merchant provider system.
For instance, if I connect a Square or Clover location to Shopventory.
Learn more below:
Before you begin! ⚠️
Connecting an integration to Shopventory will link the two systems together.
- If you are linking your very first integration, we recommend importing the inventory information from the integration after connecting.
- If you are linking your second integration or connecting an integration to a new location, we recommend connecting an EMPTY integration and exporting from Shopventory to the integration after connecting.
- If you're not sure how to proceed, please start a chat and reach out to Customer Care. We are happy to walk thru and recommend the best course of action.
Connecting a merchant account integration
You can do this in the Locations and Integrations tab in the Settings section.
- To add an integration to an existing location, click the Connect a merchant account to ______ button:
You can also add additional merchant account integrations to the same location by clicking on the Location Name:
- The next screen will prompt you to pick you POS (Point Of Sale) or e-commerce merchant account provider.
- You will be prompted to login and "introduce" Shopventory to your register so we can have authorized access to pull information from that register.
Click on the merchant account integration you want to connect and follow the steps!
NOTE: If you want to push Shopventory's inventory information out to a new (empty) integration, it may be a good idea to export the Shopventory location's inventory to your newly connected integration (see Exporting to an Integration).
Once your integration is connected, we recommend activating inventory syncing.
Going forward, all additions, updates, or changes to inventory should ONLY be made in Shopventory.
- How Shopventory Syncs
- What is an "integration"?
- Integration Settings
- Managing Locations and Integrations
- Location Mapping
- Exporting to an Integration