Shopventory allows you to generate variants quickly and easily using a simple matrix.
When to use
This option is helpful if you have a lot of different variants to create under a product (e.g. multiple sizes, colors, flavors, varieties). It is also used if you need Attribute names to appear in your e-commerce web store.
To access the variant generation matrix, Create a new product and click on "Generate Variants" in the panel:
This will bring up the matrix which you can then fill in with the different attributes you need. You can use these for just about any item in any inventory. This is what it might look like for a T-Shirt:
Once you've added all the possibilities, Shopventory will automatically generate all combinations using the attributes:
Each variant is then managed as a single product like any other variant!
Things to know:
- No more than 8 options can be added to each attribute initially, but you may continue to add single variants after creation in the Edit Product panel.
- The variant matrix cannot be accessed again once the Item has created.
- Using the variant generator will not allow you to create bundle variants for that Item.
- Creating Products
- What is a Variant?
- Editing and Deleting Products
- Shopventory Bundles
- Managing Quantities in Shopventory
- Adding a Variant to an Existing Product