Internal Transfers can be found in the Purchase Orders section of Shopventory and are very similar to external PO's. The Internal Transfers function is considered a part of Purchase Orders.
*Available on the Standard plan and above*
Create an Internal Transfer
Before an Item can be transferred, it must be enabled at both the sending and receiving location, and have a positive quantity in stock to move.
Then, simply visit the Purchase Orders section of Shopventory and select the Internal Transfers option at the top of the page:
Click on the Create Transfer button to get started!
Select the sending and receiving locations:
Then select the variants you'd like to transfer and enter the quantities:
Be sure to leave any helpful notes at the bottom!
As soon as a transfer is created, Item quantities will be deducted from the sending location.
NOTE: Once an Internal Transfer is created, it can no longer be edited. You can always save a draft if there's any possibility the information may change later on.
Receiving an Internal Transfer
To open an existing transfer, simply click on the transfer number:
Simply click on the Receive Inventory button to receive quantities to the receiving location:
Once you have entered the quantities, you can save and adjust to update the inventory.
Cancel an Internal Transfer
Transfers can be canceled by using the Cancel Transfer option.
You'll have the option to return items back to the sending location or mark the items as lost in transit.
Download a Transfer
- To export your internal transfer to a PDF or CSV file, simply click the gear wheel in the top right corner and choose which file type you'd like:
Things to Remember:
- Items that are in transit will appear on the In-Transit Report
- Each Internal Transfer will show all items that were transferred in a given order.
- Individual items will still have their individual Inventory History updated.
- All updates and changes will have user identities logged.
- In-Transit Reports
- Transferring Inventory Between Locations (Manual)
- Managing Locations & Integrations
- Purchase Orders
Let us know if you have questions. We are here to help!