This guide is for Clover users with an existing Shopventory account who have been given a new Merchant ID (MID), usually from purchasing new hardware or switching banks.
- The MID is Shopventory's point of connection to your Clover account. As far as the Shopventory systems are concerned, your new MID is a brand-new store.
- Your item history cannot be transferred to your new account by any means. This guide will show you how to preserve your current inventory data, but all Shopventory inventory reporting history will be lost. (Sales info will be re-pulled in from Clover).
- With that in mind, we strongly recommend downloading all relevant sales and inventory reports and data from Shopventory as well as Clover before continuing.
You can transfer your inventory through either Shopventory or Clover.
If you make use of multiple variants per Item or bundles, we recommend using Shopventory's tools as described below. If not, you may simply export your inventory spreadsheet from Clover and upload it to your new Shopventory account. Read more on that process here.
To copy your inventory to a new MID in Shopventory, carefully follow these steps in order (many of these steps are irreversible). Click on the links if you're not sure how to complete a step:
- Ensure that your new Clover account is empty of all items, categories and tax rates. It may not be, even if you haven't accessed the account yet yourself.
- Create a new location in Shopventory. Name it something distinct, like "New." If your plan does not allow you to create a new location, please contact support.
- Click "Add integration" under the new location, and add your new Clover account. Do NOT import.
- Clone your inventory from your old location to the new.
- Initialize your new Clover integration.
- Ensure that your inventory has synced to your new Clover account.
- Delete your original integration and location.*
*You may choose to leave your old integration connected to Shopventory for a time in order to continue accessing old sales reports. This will be treated and billed as a separate location in Shopventory, however, and may cause some confusion. We recommend deleting it after you've downloaded the reports you need.
If you have any questions about this process, let us know!