What is a Bundle?
A Bundle is a new entry in your inventory comprised of existing Products.
Like a recipe for a dish comprised of multiple ingredients, or a buy-one-get-one-free deal with two products included.
Any product can be converted to a Bundle. Converting an item into a Bundle will allow you to select the "components" of the Bundle. A Bundle can have one component or many components. Below are a few visual examples:
Bundles can be used to:
- Track Commissions
- Set up Alternate Pricing for Products that have multiple price-points
- Track Pours/Mixed Drinks
- Track Cases/Packs
- Set up Bulk Deals
- Create Food/Drink Recipes (see below)
Let's visualize a simple Cheeseburger:
These same concepts can be extracted to all the other uses for Bundles.
1. Creating Components/Ingredients
- Before you create a Bundle, you must first create the components/ingredients of the bundle as Products in Shopventory.
— NOTE: Shopventory does support partial quantities on inventory. So if you only have .758 of an product, you can put that quantity into inventory.—
- We recommend indicating what unit of measurement you'll be using in the Variant Name. This will make it easier to build your bundles:
- SKU and Barcode numbers are always optional. Prices can be set to zero if we are not selling a raw ingredient/component by itself.
- Price and tax will be entered when building the Bundle.
- Setting the Costs (per unit) of your ingredients will allow you to accurately track your margins on bundled products.
- Go through and create an entry for each component/ingredient.
2. Creating a New Bundle
(A Separate Product consisting of Existing inventory)
Once all components have been created as new products, you can begin to put them together in Bundles.
- Go to the Inventory list and Create a new Product.
- Then, convert the product into a Bundle in the Variants and Defaults options:
- When you do that, you will be prompted to select the components that make up the Bundle. See for yourself:
Things to know:
- Shopventory will automatically calculate the costs and quantities available in stock for Bundles so no need for complicated math!
- Quantities of Bundles are based on the quantities of the components. Bundle quantities cannot be set directly. If the quantity doesn't seem right, check the quantity in stock for each of your components (in the Products & Variants list) and the quantities you've set to define the "recipe" for the bundle (as shown above).
- Bundles will be designated with an icon on your Products & Variants page and be pushed out to your POS (Point Of Sale) automatically. They will appear to your POS like any other Product. Shopventory does the magic in the background!
- You can always edit or delete bundles from the Edit Product panel. Adjustments you make to quantities of components will be reflected in the available bundle quantities.
- You can use the Filters on the Products & Variants page to "Show bundles only"
- You cannot create a Bundle out of another Bundle. This is something our team is working on. But for now, there is a workaround process called "Batching". Learn more