This guide is for Clover users with an existing Shopventory account who have been given a new Merchant ID (MID). Usually, a new MID is issued when purchasing new Clover hardware or switching banks/processors.
- The MID is Shopventory's point of connection to your Clover account. As far as the Shopventory systems are concerned, your new MID is a brand-new store.
- Sales info will be pulled in from the new Clover, but sales that took place on the OLD Clover will be lost when the old Clover is disconnected.
- With that in mind, we strongly recommend downloading all relevant sales and inventory reports and data from Shopventory as well as Clover before continuing.
To copy your inventory to a new MID in Shopventory, carefully follow all of these steps in order (many of these steps are irreversible). Click on the links if you're not sure how to complete a step:
- Ensure that your new Clover account is empty of all products, categories and tax rates. It may not be, even if you haven't accessed the account yet yourself.
- Click on the location name where you want to connect your new Clover, and use the button to "Connect a merchant account..." on the right.
- When prompted, select Yes to import (there shouldn't be any data to import, this is just a formality) and Yes to real-time sync.
- Export your inventory to your new Clover integration.
- Ensure that your inventory has synced to your new Clover account.
- Contact Shopventory to disconnect your original Clover integration.*
*You may choose to leave your old integration connected to Shopventory for a time in order to continue accessing old sales reports. This will be treated and billed as a separate location in Shopventory, however, and may cause some confusion. We recommend deleting it after you've downloaded the reports you need.