What is a duplicate?
A duplicate is a product that appears more than once in the same location. These are separate products, but with matching information.
Duplicates are usually caused when a product that already exists is created again. This can happen either in Shopventory or in the connected merchant account.
Sometimes products may look like duplicates in Shopventory, but they are not actually duplicates.
- A product which is sold at two locations will show up twice in your inventory list.
- A product which came from two separate integrations (e.g. Square and Shopify) will also be listed independently; these may need to be merged, but they are not true duplicates.
For help determining what action you should take, please refer to the flow chart below:
If you're still not sure where your account stands or how to proceed, please contact customer care for assistance.
For more information on the actions above:
- "Clear merchant account": The process of deleting products in each platform (Clover, Square, Shopify, etc) varies. Learn more
- How to Consolidate Products Across Locations
- "Merge Process": This refers to choosing one integration as your "master" inventory list. You will need to have a Shopventory team member reset your Shopventory account, delete all inventory from the other integration(s), import the master list, and export from Shopventory to the other integration(s).
- If you need to reset your Shopventory account, please contact support for help.
- How to Import from your Integration
- How to Export to an Integration