Shopventory can help you track serialized inventory with your existing point of sale.
Suppose you have a limited supply of a high-value item. They all have the same barcode, but you'd like to keep track of which individual units are sold. This is where serial numbers come in.
The Barcode number can be re-used across different Variants of the same Item. This will be the unified 'Product Code' (sometimes referred to as UPC). All the units of this product can have the same Barcode number.
The SKU field must be unique. This is where the serial number can be entered. Shopventory allows you to search by Barcode or SKU.
- Each entry will have a quantity of 1.
- After a serialized Item has been sold and the quantity is adjusted to 0, it can be deleted from inventory so it no longer appears in the inventory list.
- Shopventory keeps records for all deleted Items. Items deleted from the Inventory section will still appear in all relevant reports.
- SKU = Serial (unique to one specific article of inventory)
- Barcode = Product Code (applies to all the articles on the shelf for that product)
*Not every POS system supports both a SKU and Barcode number. To check yours, learn more here.
Please let us know if you have any questions! We are here to help!