How to create a new Product:
Prefer to upload inventory via a spreadsheet?
- From the Inventory screen, click on the Create Item button
2. This will pull out the Item Creation panel. (You can add an image by clicking on the gray box at the top of the panel with the camera icon.)
3. Fill in the corresponding fields to add Items and their corresponding Variants. Shopventory offers three "layers" of differentiation: Category, Product Name, and Variant Name.
You can add one variant at a time or generate them with our Matrix feature to save time. Each of the fields do allow you to add plenty of info, so for instance:
Category: Men's Shoes
Product: Nike X5 - Black
- Variant: Size 10
- Variant: Size 10
- Variant: Size 8 ... etc.
There are any number of configurations, so consider what else might work for you:
Product: X5 - Black
- Variant: Mens - Size 10
- Variant: Womens - Size 10
- Variant: Mens - Size 9 ... etc.
It depends on what makes the most sense for your business, but the tools are all there!
SKU's and Barcodes
- SKU and Barcode fields are optional when creating Items.
- SKU numbers must be unique to each Variant.
- Barcode numbers can be re-used across multiple Variants.
- Simply click on the Generate SKU option to generate a SKU number.
NOTE: Active products appear on your point of sale. Inactive products will not show in your register and will only be accessible in Shopventory.
Locations and Tax Rates
- To enable your Items and to enter List Prices, Costs, and Quantities, simply toggle the Location to enable those fields.
- Once information is entered, simply scroll down to select your applicable Tax Rates.
- For help setting up your Tax Rates, see our article on Tax Rates.
Feel free to experiment and get creative! If you need ideas. Check out this post from the Shopventory blog for tips on maximizing your tools!
- Create Products (Video Only)
- Spreadsheet Bulk Upload
- What is a Variant?
- Generating Variants
- Editing and Deleting Products
- Delete Products in Bulk
- Shopventory Bundles
- Managing Quantities in Shopventory
- Adding a Variant to an Existing Product
Let us know if you have any questions. We are here to help!