Negative quantities in Shopventory typically occur when items are updated in the point of sale system rather than in Shopventory.
Once Shopventory is installed, we strongly recommend only making all changes, updates, and additions in Shopventory, and not in your provider's system.
Correcting negative quantities
If the counts are correct in the merchant account provider's (e.g. Square, Clover, etc.) system, that inventory information can be imported over into Shopventory to correct Shopventory's info.
- Follow the steps in our Beginner's Guide to Syncing to import counts from your provider.
- This will pull in exactly what's in their system, right or wrong, so be sure the info in your provider's system is correct.
If neither Shopventory nor your point of sale provider have accurate quantities, corrections should be made only in Shopventory.
- We have a guide to Updating Quantities, Costs, and Prices in our Help Section.
- If you want to do a manual count before entering the inventory information to Shopventory, you can use our Reconciliation Tools to get an accurate physical count.
- You can also update quantities via a spreadsheet upload using the Bulk Upload tool.
Avoiding negative quantities going forward:
- To avoid negative counts, make all changes to your quantities in Shopventory and...
- Make sure your Sync Settings are both Enabled on that integration.
- Set Alerts so you are notified as soon as inventory starts to run low.
- Updating Quantities, Costs, and Prices
- Spreadsheet Bulk Upload
- How Shopventory Syncs
- Beginner's Guide to Syncing
- Reconciliation Tools
- Integration Settings